CBTRF.org  

Go Back   CBTRF.org > Rhabdoid Cancers (AT/RT, RTK, MRT, Others) > Rhabdoid Cancer Discussion

Notices

Rhabdoid Cancer Discussion A forum to discuss anything related to atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumors (AT/RT, AT/RhT), rhabdoid tumors of the kidney (RTK), and malignant rhabdoid tumors (MRT)

Old 08-25-2008, 09:14 AM

Default Hello

I thought I would be the first to introduce myself. I am Jonathan's Mom and my husband runs this site. I have a 5 year old daughter and, of course, Jonathan. Up until this year I thought 1st grade in Humble. I now have a new job, taking care of Jonathan and making sure he is healthy and happy. I wanted to thank all of you who have contributed to this site.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:23 PM

Hi, I thought I would add to this page..I am Shaine Lynn's mom and I have three wonderful boys, Gabriel who is the oldest, then Shaine, and as soon as we got to go home out of the hospital we were blessed with Darius.
I wanted to say that you guys are amazing- all the research you have done as well as setting up this website for other ATRT families to connect is amazing! So- thank-you for taking the time to think of others and to express interest in connecting with other families.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:43 PM

Default Hello From Gavin's Mom

My name is Stacie Smith. I have two boys -- Gavin is almost 4 and Garrett is almost 2. Gavin was diagnosed with AT/RT (left, frontal lobe with spread to the full spine) in March of 2008, with an estimated 98% resection. He is on the IRS III protocol through Children's Medical Center of Dallas and received proton beam radiation at MD Anderson. My husband, Jeff, is also a member on this site. He is an amazing husband and father and does a great job researching EVERYTHING regarding Gavin's cancer. I blog at http://smithscooptexas.blogspot.com.

I've been browsing as a guest on this site for awhile now. I figured it was about time I joined. I love what Jeff and Katie have done and are so impressed with the non-profit status and Dr. Biegel's upcoming teleconference in December.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Webmaster

Welcome, Stephanie and Stacie!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:47 AM

Default New to site.

Four out of five members of our family have the INI1 gene mutation. We lost our first child Bryce to ATRT just over 5 years ago. My wife was fighting a schawnoma mutation a year ago. Nolan our youngest is currently fighting ATRT. MRI of our daughter remains clear for now.
It has been Dr. Biegel's work at UPenn in joint effort's from our Alberta hospital's that has given us answers to very complicated question's to something that started for us six years ago. We have seen what change 5 years of research advancements have made. Although I don't like it, I now know what is doing this to my family.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:36 AM

Thanks to you and your husband for everything you all have done for families fighting this horrible battle.

My son Caiden was diagnosed in September 2010. I spend a tone of time on this site and have bugged your hubby a few times for advice. : )

Take care,
Ssm
Old 12-21-2010, 11:49 PM

Hi, my daughter and our family are all the way over in Sydney Australia, and so is ATRT. My daughter was diagnosed in August of 2010, posterior fosa.

Thank you for this website, it is very supportive and helpful.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Webmaster

Welcome to the forum! I hope it is able to help you all as your children's treatment continues, and we pray that they will all beat this terrible disease.